June 27, 2013: At the river’s edge…
Do you have a favorite independent bookstore? A place you visit in your own hometown or on the road? A place with friendly folks, great books, cozy nooks and crannies, a perfect cup of coffee? Interesting book clubs? Evocative readers’ series?
Great Books, Great Places is a series dedicated to celebrating the independent bookstore, and you can help. Here’s how:
- Take a photo (or two, or three) of your favorite indie bookstore.
- Write a brief description of the shop; perhaps an anecdote from your visits.
- Provide the location. A website would be good, too, but not necessary.
- Include in your contribution this line: “I agree to let Patricia Ann McNair use these images and this information in her blog series Great Book, Great Places.”
- Send the photos and the rest to email@example.com.
I will let you know when the post with your bookstore on-line. Make sure to let the bookstore know that you are honoring them in this way.
And thanks for reading! -PMc
→Thanks to Martha Weintraub for the image above. www.marthaweintraub.com←